Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pulling it all together

This week we discussed what our visions are for ourselves in a future school library setting. I enjoyed the discussion. I really want to be the kind of librarian who is on the cutting edge of technology and helping to find new and exciting ways to incorporate it into education. I want to be the expert at searching and finding information so that I can be of real help to students when they need it. More importantly, I want to make sure to equip my students with search skills.

I think Gretchen hit upon something pretty important. Building relationships that are positive with students (and staff). No one want to listen to someone they can't relate to.

The other thing we worked on was our resumes. I was a little intimidated by it since I have stayed home with my kids for about 15 years. I have had some employment, but nothing impressive. It took quite a bit of thinking and digging to find relevant things to put on my resume. I ended up being surprised that I cam up with as much as I did. I am having a little but of a challenge putting it all together and wording it well. At least I have a good skeleton of information to improve upon when I have a little more time to seek out people who can help me fine tune it.

No comments:

Post a Comment