Friday, April 2, 2010

Project Completed

Well...I am happy to say that as of 1:30 this afternoon, my presentation project is done! So now I can enjoy my Easter weekend with family that is visiting from Long Island. The project took quite a bit of my time and I am glad that I started it well in advance of the due date. I learned a lot about the use of webquests in education and really feel like I could actually give the presentation. Now I know what getting prepared to give a presentation involves and feel equipped to prepare for and give one some day if that needs to happen. I thought it was particularly helpful to have the times that each section would take in order to help stay on task time-wise. I'll have to remember to really take the time to do that rather than wing it.

I enjoyed the reading about eBooks. I do not have any experience using one...other than trying my brother-in-law's rather quickly. I also think that I might like to own one some day...but I'll never get rid of all of my books in paper print. I do think eBooks will become an integral part of education some day and therefore part of the library collection. I don't think that the printed book will disappear any time soon though.

I must admit that I need to catch up on reading Simpson. Now that I am over my biggest projects, I will be working harder on that. I know that understanding copyright is an important aspect of being a librarian. At the very least, I plan on keeping the book as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment