Thursday, February 4, 2010

Learning by Piano Concierto


I thought that the information in this week's readings were just fascinating. I particularly enjoyed learning more about creative commons. Of course I had heard about CC, and even have borrowed pictures from CC. The information behind the creation of CC was just so informative and quite inspiring! As I write this, I am listening to some great piano instrumental by Kendra Springer that I found over at CC. I encourage you to listen to it as well.

I'm really glad that I took the time to watch the presentation by Laurence Lessing about copyright that he gave. It took about an hour, but was well worth it! I think it is a total tragedy about the documentaries in America! This is a HUGE piece of our history, people!

Going through the webquest was quite informative. I think I could go over it a hundred times and still find something new each time. I am determined to get to know this stuff. Right now, I can read it and learn it...but the real test of knowing it is being able to speak the language and teach it to others. That reminds me of when I first went to library school in the summer of 2008. I was taking 505 and 506. I didn't know the basics of the language. I had to go interview a librarian. I ended up talking with the SLMS in a local elementary school. She mentioned her "OPAC," and I didn't even know what that meant. I've come a long way already so I'm confident that I will go even farther.

I really thought that the TILT exercise on the webquest was great. I already knew most of it already...but I think it is a great tool to point people to in order to help them become information literate. I think I need to design one of these tutorials for my students some day once I get a library job.

Also...I am a fan of graphic novels. Somehow learning about something in this format is not quite as intimidating as reading it textbook style. I just loved Bound by law, about public domain. I admit that it really helped me read with more interest. I didn't get to read the whole thing yet, but I plan on doing that.

Learning and enjoying it. Until next week!

(Photo by Gotham Guy, Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment