Saturday, January 9, 2010

To continue the journey

I am here again in LIS 568. Some of you will read the previous two entries and figure out that I had actually been in the class last semester for a week. I had some unfortunate family matters to attend to and needed to take a leave of absence. So far, this week has involved looking up URLs and passwords for the different things I set up during the first week of class in August. Some of it involved starting fresh again with new accounts. Some things are comfortable, like keeping a blog. I love blogging and have done it for 4 years. I decided to keep the blog I set up last semester since it is all a part of my journey as an LIS student. Other things are new, like Diigo. I've used Delicious before, but am happy to do something new. My Delicious account is crammed full of links to art sites and tourist sites for Paris, among other things that won't have anything to do with this class.
I am a little anxious about starting school again. I've had an emotional time of it this past semester and wonder if I can handle it all. I'm still attending to family matters, but it looks like the worst is over for now. The class looks overwhelming, but I'm sure that I will somehow pull through.
I think I managed to do everything on the list. I had a little trouble with iTunes-podcast subscription. I ended up subscribing to it on my google reader instead. I'm not sure if this is acceptable...but it works.
One important thing I learned is that if you have another blog that you keep, you need to be very careful to make sure you are posting to the correct one. I created a nice post for my other blog about my son's swim meet...and by a mistake it ended up being on this blog. Ooops! So if you see some really crazy posts here, you'll know that I did it again. If I make a mistake the other way, Susan will think I never made a reflection for the week.
I noticed that I still have a follower from last semester's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment