Friday, March 5, 2010

Learning PowerPoint and spinning other plates

This week I'm beginning to feel more pressure build. I have big projects coming up for both classes I am taking. I'm starting to spin quite a few plates now. In the mean time, my house is looking messier and messier because I haven't done much in the way of housework.

It took me awhile to catch on with the PowerPoint that Dan created to help us learn how to create a PowerPoint presentation. I really need to watch and listen to it again. I have never done this before, but I think I can do it. I'm a little nervous, but somehow these sorts of things seem to work out.

I liked the presentation that Susan and Dan put together about making a presentation be professional in appearance. I'm a little overwhelmed with the project, but I started breaking it down into "bite size pieces." You know what they say about eating an elephant? Eat it one bite at a time.

I have so much reading to do for my classes, that I'm afraid I may fall behind.

I am taking my last two classes for SLMS now and today I was able to talk to someone about doing a practicum in their library during the fall. She is willing to take me on and I think it will be a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment